Tuesday, August 18, 2009

No butts about it...

I have a sad story to share with you all. Before I continue, I might just add a disclaimer: This blog will serve no purpose other than to indulge my self pity.

Right. That's out of the way. Back to my sad story...

I have a broken butt.

Well.. not technically. Or at least not that I know of. I haven't been to see a doctor. Apparently "broken butt" isn't the correct medical terminology anyway. According to the PG version of a medical print out that Mark gave me, pain in the coccyx is called Coccydynia. I think that broken butt is a much more direct diagnosis, so I'm going to stick with that. If you have been following this blog, you will remember that I mentioned falling down the stairs on the yacht during our sailing trip. That was six weeks ago, and my butt is still holding a grudge against my lack of coordination. When I sit on a chair I need a pillow, otherwise I can't stay seated for long stretches of time. When I sit down to study or go to Uni I need to take pain killers first. The only reason that I haven't gone to a doctor is because, from what I can gather, the only treatment is carrying around a donut cushion. Mark suggested that I stitch a donut cushion into my clothing for convenience. I suggested that he was a terrible boyfriend.

Anywho.. the pain isn't unbearable, so hopefully this means that my butt (coccyx, whatever) isn't actually broken. I think it's just angry at me and spiteful and wanting to take revenge for making it fall down stairs. Please learn from my mistakes. Don't fall down stairs. Really. Nobody wants to be the girl with a donut cushion sewn into her jeans.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you have the self-confidence to post this. So I'm guessing you'll have the self-confidence to withstand the mockery that will be inevitably forthcoming from this.

And yes, I am a doctor. I try to show more compassion for my patients.

Carly said...

Bring on the mockery....

I will sympathise with your patients and vow never to become one.

Unknown said...

You've already been one. Don't you remember the glass in foot incident? And the ensuing removal of sutures? Party artificial since I was, in fact, the cause of the initial injury, so any sympathy that may or may not have been forthcoming was probably driven by guilt.

Carly said...

The removal of the stitches was worse than the injury. I bet you wouldn't have used a kitchen knife to remove stitches from your patients...

Unknown said...

That's true, I probably wouldn't. But my patients wouldn't be as histrionic about it as you were either.

Carly said...

Calling me histrionic while I was in pain really wasn't the nicest way to handle that situation....

Your patients would probably also be smart enough to not play soccer with stitches in their foot.

Unknown said...

You'd be surprised. Did you read my blog about the drug-seeker who handed me a document telling me he was a drug seeker as evidence for him requiring narcotics? Not the most clever bunch...

Carly said...

Yes I did read your blog. Nice plug btw....

Unknown said...

Why thank-you. At least I didn't link to it...I thought about it, and restrained myself.

Carly said...

Hahaha yeah.. whenever I comment on your blog I think that there is a link embedded in my name that takes you straight to my blog, so I can't really talk...