Thursday, October 15, 2009

Letters From The Heart

There is something so wonderful about receiving a letter. I'm not just talking about the excitement of finding something other than a computer generated message from some local government twit in your mail box. What is captured in a letter lasts. When our memories fail, the words will remain.

Receiving a letter from a child is so beautiful. On the last day of my placement at Buddina State School, I was given 20 letters from my kids. Each letter is so precious and serves as a wonderful reminder of each unique child that was in my class. They are also highly amusing, so I thought that I would share some of them here. Bear in mind that these letters are written by 6 year olds, so they are riddled with spelling mistakes. However interpreting the errors is all part of the fun. I asked the kids to read their letters to me, so if you're unsure of what any of them say please feel free to ask.
Enjoy! :)

"Dear Miss Laird. I hop yoo hav a god tim bak at indglen (England, LOL!). I wil mis yoo and yoo wil mis me and yoo are the besde tesa I love yoo and yoo love me." - Jake.

"Dear Mis Laird. I am going to mis you. Mis Laird did you hev fun with us and you wor the bist teacher. We had the besd fun with you." - Shyla.

"To Miss Laird. I will miss you forever. Wiy are you going. I hope you have fun down ther. You will miss us wot you. It will be freezing there." - Abby B.

"Dear Miss Laird. To Criey (Carly! She knew my first name, cheeky little thing...). I love you. And I hope you had a good time here. And on youre bday I hope you get lots of game presins and fun. You are the best tisher. With lots of love." - Johanna.

"Der Mis Led. I hop yow hafa lafle rip (I hope you have a safe trip). I lik yoy sow mach Mis Led. I wil mis yow Mis Led. I luv yoy sow maeh." - Drew.

"Yo. ar. a. god. tech. I. kat. blev. theat. yo. ar. leven. I. wil. mis. yo. I. hoop. yo. well. kam. bak." - Asia.

'Dear Miss Laird. Miss Laird thac you for being my best teecha and I hop you hav a luvle chrip and I love you I hop you biy sumthing." - Paris.

"Miss Laird. I hope I see you again. You have been a nice techer." - Meaghan.

"Dear Miss Laird. You are the best tehca ever. I will miss you forever. You are the best one Miss Laird." - Abby D.

"Dear Miss Laird. I am going to mis you. You are a really, really, realle nice teacher." - Hunter.

And my favourite letter...

"Dear Miss Laird. I am going to mss you a llott and a llott and so much. I wich you cood come bak to scooll and you are the bessd tishuua. Plls I wot you to come back plleiss Miss Laird. And wyi kant you come back here. I want you for evu Miss Laird." - Zarian.

I hope those letters made you smile as much as they continue to make me smile. It is so precious to have a child write that they are going to miss you "a lot and a lot and so much". I'm learning more and more that teaching can be an incredibly hard job, yet these sorts of memories never fail to remind me why I love it so much.

3 comments:

Tim said...

I have a drawer full of notes etc like that that I pull out when I need a pick up. Why people would ever want to work with grown ups especially sick cranky ones is beyond me

Mrs Pye said...

I want you forever, too, Miss Laird ;)

ACE said...

Carly, can we arrange things so that one day if I have kids, you're their teacher? Thanks :)